Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hannah is a second year Life Sciences undergraduate in the National University of Singapore. She chose to pursue this course as she has always been amazed at how every thing in the universe has a part to fuifil, a critical role to play irregardless of its size.

She is an individual who believes very strongly in teamwork as
together everyone achieves more.

Being in a team allows her to develop a better understanding of her strengths and weakness and thus teaches her to learn to accommodate and respect other individuals.

Being a keen learner, she is highly motivated and enthusiastic in achieving her goals, both short and long term. She thrives on challenges as she deemed them as stepping stones towards greater success and valuable experiences are often gained through difficult times

She can connect very well to people as she is sensitive towards others. Her sociable and caring character has enabled her to work very well with people and thus have forged many strong friendships along the way.

Performing on stage (singing/acting) has always been one of her interests as she enjoys conveying the emotions of the songs or character that she is performing, to the audience. It requires a high level of discipline in order to achieve that, as one has to learn to put aside his/her current thoughts and feelings in order to portray the right emotion.






Yuk Lum and Hannah during of one of their choir performances (:


She also strives to be a Christian that walks closely to her Lord, and to be able to glorify Him in whatever tasks she undertakes.




Note: This is written using a third person account as I was reading through my teachers' testimonials in my report cards before writing the above mentioned.So I thought it would be interesting to write my own biodata from a different person perspective.

(edited)



9 comments:

Kheng Aik said...

Oh, okay, very nice. I thought I would be the only one to post from a 3rd person perspective. Glad to see another blogger doing the same thing. Misery loves company, no doubt.

Back to the biodata, it certainly highlights the fact that you values teamwork and discipline. However, I think it lacks an introductory background to who you are and your aim/drive?

Benjamin Ng said...

Hey Hannah, your warm personality and desire to work well in teams really shines through in your biodata! I think it is a very concise and accurate description of you, with each paragraph clearly depicting the strength you wish to convey. I always find it interesting when people mention their relationship with God when asked to describe themselves.

As Kheng Aik also mentioned, are there any aspirations that drive you? Apart from that, great job!

2D 2012 said...

Hi Kheng Aik and Ben.

Thanks for the constructive feedback and I have edited my biodata whereby I included a short introductory paragraph of myself (:

vijani said...

Hey Hannah

I was really inspired by your post when I saw it first. It describes the inner self in you quite well and that I believe is the sole aim of "discovering self". I especially like the way you present your passion for singing..:)

Good luck..

Chun Siang said...

Hannah, interesting biodata viewing from third angle. Especially the "Hers" as the title.

cheers and thanks for sharing~

Wong Liang Fu said...

Hi Hannah,

You come across as a positive and warm individual. Someone that everyone wants on their team! =)

May i also add that its really encouraging to see a fellow sister in Christ striving to serve the Lord. Truly, "this is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it" (the song was stuck in my head haha) =)

Max (Zong Neng) said...

Hey Hannah,

Thanks for the insightful Biodata about yourself written from a 3rd person perspective. I find that it is very interesting to be talking about yourself when you actually have to reflect upon yourselves to written such a wonderful biodata.

Your enthusiasm about life and individual can be felt vividly from your biodata. Keep up the good work!

Brad Blackstone said...

This is very well done, Hannah. You describe fittingly that inner light that shines from your face. Using the 3rd person in the description works well, too!

Oh, and you're a performer, too! I should have known!

Thanks, girl!

2D 2012 said...

Thanks all for the comments.

Yup, my passion for singing was developed when I was in primary school. I was in the choir since primary school and now, I am an active member in the church's choir.

Just to share with you guys, singing has been very useful in helping me to de-stress and learning to immerse myself to deliever the appropriate meaning of each song. Through singing, I was exposed to different languages and I learnt to be persistent in achieving the language barriers. These have helped me in many cicumstances that I have faced in my life as well (: